Houston Paternity Lawyer

Houston Paternity is the legal acknowledgment of a parental relationship between a father and the kid. A kid born to a wife during a marriage is lawfully presumed to be the husband’s kid, but this presumption can be rebutted with evidence to the contrary. A determination of paternity for putative fathers can be established through a voluntary acknowledgment of paternity, a court petition, or estoppel over time. Scientific evidence, for example, blood and DNA tests, is used to determine or refuse parentage of a kid in paternity suits. When paternity is proven, a kid is allowed the legal rights of a kid born within a marriage, like support from both parents, medical and life insurance coverage, and inheritance protection.

Houston Paternity Experts

Our Houston paternity attorneys focus on representing mothers and potential fathers to all of the types of paternity actions. No matter whether you are seeking a paternity action to have child support or to avoid paying child support for a child you believe is probably not your biological kid, or to establish custody and visitation rights, our experienced lawyers expect working with you.

In addition to obtaining orders for child custody and child support, typical issues related to a paternity action include things like obtaining a paternity test, obtaining a judgment for paternity or setting aside a default judgment of paternity by way of either the Family Court or Department of Child Support Services (DCSS).

Our veteran Houston paternity attorneys look forward to providing high quality, powerful representation to obtain your goals and desires while defending your legal rights and interests.

Paternity Attorney in Houston

If an individual isn’t married, yet has a kid, a paternity action can become necessary to determine their legal right to visitation, custody, or child support. In our firm, we aid both mothers and fathers who are either attempting to confirm paternity or oppose it. Whichever side you happen to be on, you’ll really benefit from getting a veteran Houston family attorney to help you through the process of a paternity action. As with all other legal actions, paternity actions could be difficult so it helps you to get legal support and guidance from an expert.

Issues in a Houston paternity case

  • Is the mother sure who the father is or does she want a DNA test to verify paternity?
  • Does the father want a DNA test to determine that he is the father?
  • Who will be the custodial parent of the child or will there be joint custody with a Joint Parenting Agreement.
  • Visitation rights of the non-custodial parent.
  • Amount of child support – To be paid through an Order of Support with child support being deducted directly from the non-custodial parent’s payroll checks.
  • The issue of back child support for the period of time prior to the paternity petition being filed.
  • Health insurance coverage on the child of the parties.
  • Which party will pay for medical, dental and optical expenses not covered by insurance?
  • Both party’s contribution to the babysitter and daycare expenses of the minor child.
  • Other issues that may relate to a specific case.

Looking for a Paternity lawyer in Houston TX?

Located in Houston our firm provides representation for clients in paternity cases all over the state. If you find yourself facing the emotional and often confusing problem of a paternity action, you need an attorney who is compassionate and devoted to entirely understanding your individual conditions. Houston paternity attorneys at our firm not married dedicated to guarding the legal rights of our clients in Houston paternity cases. Contact us if you are seeking help from an experienced paternity lawyer in Houston. We represent both women and men.

Our principal attorneys were previously associated with some of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the United States. We seek to combine our experience with these firms with the personal attention and reasonable fees that can only be provided by a boutique law firm. We pride ourselves on providing aggressive and individualized representation to each and every single one of our clients.

Protecting Fathers’ Rights

Paternity is a common dispute among unmarried parents. If paternity is established, issues frequently arise concerning child support and parenting time.

Establishing paternity can become a complex process if you do not take the proper steps. In Houston, Texas, you can turn to us for help. Our attorneys have a strong commitment to protecting the best interests of children, and in many cases, that means giving them an opportunity to have meaningful relationships with both of their parents.

Protecting fathers’ rights is important. Schedule a consultation at our office today by calling to learn more about how we can help.

Guiding You Through The Steps To Establish Paternity

If your name is not on the child’s birth certificate, you may choose to sign an Acknowledgement of Paternity form, or you may have to submit to a DNA test to prove you are the father. Our lawyers are familiar with this process and can help you complete it correctly.

After we establish paternity, we can get to work working on a parenting plan, which may include making child support payments to your child’s mother.

With Houston Divorce Counsel, you a skilled litigator and trained mediator and can represent you in whatever venue is best-suited to protect your parental rights and your relationship with your child. Our lawyers will steadfastly advocate for you and make a strong case to prove that your child is better off with you in his or her life.

Legal Paternity in Houston

A legal Houston paternity action can be brought by either the mother or the father. This could be relating to a kid born out of wedlock or even in any sort of situation where the paternity of the child is in question, like just after a divorce settlement. Various techniques of establishing paternity exist using DNA testing.

  • It is very important to determine paternity for many grounds, like:
  • Obtaining child support
  • Getting released from court-ordered kid support for a kid that is not your own
  • Determining kid custody (“parenting plan”)
  • Getting a visitation schedule so you may be involved in the parenting of your child
  • Parental health history as a vital part of information for your child’s potential health concerns

Handling the greatly emotional issue of Houston paternity and coming at a good outcome needs the assistance of an attorney who has an understanding of the complex laws, patience, and an unbreakable dedication to protecting the rights of his client. Houston paternity lawyer is devoted to providing the kind of guidance that should be used to get the very best outcome for those who the firm represents.

Whether you are a mother trying to get support for your child, or a father who needs to establish your parental rights and visitation schedule, phone Houston paternity lawyer now!

Houston Paternity Suit – Petition To Establish Paternity

In Houston, the paternity attorneys at our firm are known for representing parents throughout Houston and the state with problems regarding proving paternity, child support, child custody and visitation, name changes as well as setting aside paternity judgments. Call right away to get in touch with our lawyers and look at your case.

How Do I Establish A Parental Relationship Between A Mother or Father And A Child?

Simply having your name on a kids birth certificate does not necessarily mean you are the legal parent in the eyes of the court. Now they’re not married a number of ways to establish your rights as a parent in the eyes of the court.

In case a child is born to parents who are unmarried, or if there is an issue as to who might be the father of the child born to an unmarried woman, the only way for a parent to establish and apply their legal right as a parent would be to file a paternity action in family court. This is true even though a parent executed a voluntary declaration of paternity at the hospital.

Exactly why Would A person File A Houston Paternity Action?

By filing a paternity action in Houston, each parent has a right to carry out a non-invasive paternity test by oral swab. In the event that the paternity test ends in a genetic match, either parent can seek to a judgment of paternity. Upon the entry of a paternity judgment, both parents have the legal right to ask child custody, visitation and support orders from the court.

Why Don’t Parents Who Are Married Have To File A Paternity Action?

There exists a marital presumption in a few states that in case a child is born to a husband and wife, or within 300 days of the death of either parent or the annulment or divorce of the marriage, the husband is presumed as the biological father acquiring legal rights concerning the child.

Where Must I file a Paternity Action?

For some states to have jurisdiction (the ability) to go into a paternity judgment, the child must be conceived, born, or artificially inseminated within the specific state. When none of these prerequisites are present, the state in which conception, birth or artificial insemination happened is the right jurisdiction to file a parentage action. Further, even if a kid is conceived or born in another county besides the county, a Houston court can still have the capacity to hear and enter orders concerning parentage and the child determined by specific factors regarding the length of time a child has lived in Houston.

I Recently Learned Of A Paternity Judgment Naming Me The Father, May I Have It Set Aside?

The brief answer is perhaps. There are very distinct policies allowing for paternity judgments to be put aside, or voided. There are incredibly stern timing requirements for registering a motion to set aside a paternity judgment. By setting aside a paternity judgment, a parent’s child support obligation can also be set aside. Consult with a lawyer when you learn of a paternity judgment or your wages begin being garnished for a support order. Contact our offices to go over this issue right away upon learning of such judgment.

How Do You Change, Or Modify a Child’s Name on a Birth Certificate?

A name change of a kid should be requested and ordered through the family court. If the parents agree to the name change, a stipulation (agreement) may be filed with the family court. When the name change is contested or not agreed upon, motion needs to be submitted in family court and the court will probably carry out a best interests study. Aspects the legal court will look at include the age of the kid, the number of years the kid has used the present name, each parent’s level of participation with the child and any other factors that would be in the best interests of the kid. Upon the family court ordered a child’s name change, a certified copy of the order must be delivered upon the Department of Health and Human Services with the proper application as provided here.

Contact Our Office Today To Get Help

Trying to get results on your own is when errors can happen, and that could jeopardize your case. Instead, call our office or contact us online to schedule a consultation. We will help you figure out the best way to proceed.

Hire an experienced attorney and get it done right the first time and make sure that your rights are protected.  Depending on the case and the pleadings involved, an experienced attorney may be able to complete the work twice or three times faster saving the client time and money.  Also, an experienced attorney makes sure that you get what you are entitled to or pay the least amount possible.